Wednesday, June 21, 2006


White-bellied sea eagle in action. My first ever attempt at bird shots, actually.

I got extremely pissed at myself when I went home and found out that it was shot in ISO 1600, thanks to the trip to Langkawi Underwater World. I had set the camera to auto ISO, and had this picture taken at f/14.0 in hopes that the lower(higher?) aperture give me enough depth of field, but forgot to turn off the (&^@#$@ auto ISO. Noise removal can only do so much :-/

Nikon D70s, AF-S Nikkor 18-200mm DX ED VR Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice! U just missed the moment when the eagle caught the fish!

mikey said...

Awesome pic! Love it!

SC said...

actually, those are chicken entrails the guides threw to attract the eagles. By the time we got there, they were already pretty well fed so not that many eagles took our offerings

J said...

Hi! i'm julien. i got to know u threw gage's blog. i have a request: i was in Pulau Tiga last july and brought some feathers back for my nephew, but had not the chance to take pictures of the sea eagle which lost those feathers.
i'd like to know if u would agree to send me this pic u took at the biggest size u can (i'd like getting it printed for my nephew). gage will give u my email. thanks.